According to our Best Hip Replacement Surgeon in PCMC, Pune, hip replacement surgery is a surgical procedure in which a non-functional hip joint is replaced with a prosthesis. Hip replacement surgery is for individual who has hip joint deterioration. The condition can cause a person’s bones to rub against each other when they make movements, leading to pain and sometimes painful injury. Though most people who experience hip replacement surgery are between ages 50 and 80, it is safe for young patients as well.
When to consider a Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip replacements are ordinary and have evolved a routine part of therapy for many disorders that cause the hip joint to become injured. The best hip replacement surgeon in PCMC, Pune is recommended when:
- Intense hip pain that is not cured by traditional treatment
- Hip immobility that limits movement
- A hip disability that makes conducting routine tasks challenging
The best hip replacement surgeon in PCMC, Pune takes into account many things before suggesting a hip arthroplasty. Then he concludes for surgery in the following ways:
- Medical history – Your orthopedic surgeon will ask about the intensity of hip pain and its impact on your daily life.
- Physical examination – He will study hip mobility, strength, and alignment through precise movements.
- X-rays – The surgeon normally uses imaging or screening tests. Through which they see through damage or deformity in your hip visually and measure and plan approaches accordingly.
MRI scan – An orthopedic or hip replacement surgeon in PCMC, Pune may advise a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan needed to determine detailed internal images of the bone and soft tissues of your hip.
What are the types of Hip Replacement Surgery?
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery: Total Hip Replacement Surgery is a surgical process in which the hip joint is replaced with an artificial component. This surgery is usually done as part of therapy for osteoarthritis or when a person has a hip joint that is no longer functioning.
- Partial Hip Replacement Surgery: Partial hip replacement surgery, also known as a half-hip replacement, is a surgical technique in which the surgeon replaces only part of the ball and socket joint, that is head of your thigh (femur) bone. This type of operation is usually done for fractures around the hip joint in senior patients.
- Hip Resurfacing Surgery: Hip resurfacing surgery is a process to remove extra bone and fat from the hip. This process is typically done to enhance mobility after an injury or when the hips have been harmed by arthritis.
How should you prepare for a Hip Replacement Surgery?
The following are the steps advised by our best hip replacement surgeon in PCMC, Pune for preparing yourself for a hip replacement:
- Increase fluid intake to prevent dehydration.
- Do not take any medication or nonprescription pain medications because they can decrease blood flow and cause complications.
- Limit your exercises to light exercise for about a month before surgery.
What are the Hip Replacement Surgical methods?
Depending on the procedure, the hip replacement surgery can be achieved via two methods: Posterior and Anterior.
- Posterior Approach: The posterior approach is more familiar and is made by conducting a minimally invasive incision through the back of the thigh and onto the top of the buttocks. This incision is utilized to access the hip joint while avoiding damage to other muscles and nerves.
- Anterior Approach: Anterior approach hip replacement surgery is a type of total hip replacement that requires the bone to be extracted from in front of the thigh bone instead of behind. This surgical approach enables for better blood flow to the hip joint.
What is the cost of Hip Replacement Surgery in Pune?
The cost of Hip Replacement surgery varies for every Individual depending on the following factors:
- Type of the implant used
- Type of the surgery
- The severity of the condition
- Experience of the surgeon
- Location of the clinic
Why choose Dr. Ankur Kumar for Hip Replacement Surgery in Pune?
Dr. Ankur Kumar is the best Hip replacement Surgeon in PCMC, Pune. And he also provides Hip pain treatment. He is highly experienced and has been in the field for more than 10 years. His team manages every separate surgery compassionately, giving patients a safe and cheery feel about their surgery. To this date, Dr. Ankur has conducted many successful life-changing surgeries.